Friday, September 9, 2016

Cebu - Bohol Travel Series: Going around the City

Final moment in Cebu

It was 6pm when we arrived at Cebu south Terminal and obviously City tour is not possible anymore. There's nothing we can do but just to take a glimpse at the Basilica and Magellan's Cross. Rain starts to fall we were heading to the Historical Cross and when we get there brown out took place. Very unfortunate right? After almost 5min. lights came back and we were able to capture the remarkable cross for us Catholic. When we we're about to go the Basilica flock of crowd dawned on us and I remember, It was sunday, a rainy sunday. Most of the People were looking for a shed that's why it's hard for us to enter the church and say a little prayer. I know I'm going back next year so, it's okay not to stay longer and swim with the crowd.


At the back of the Basilica are the plenty stall of Sto.Niño vendors and other religious items and souvenirs. You don't have to worry carrying such items coz they put it in a box so worries at all. 
After saying a little prayer we proceed to dried seafoods stalls for some pasalubong. It was such a good sight to see those plenty of choices of dried saefoods as well as other cebu's delicacies like Otap, Piyaya and dried mangoes. 

What's hardest part now? It''s almost 7:15 and we need to rush to the seaport and try our luck to catch the last ferry trip to Bohol. Thanks to the traffic that we almost lost our chance. it was 7:30 when we arrived at the seaport and luckily it was to go travel which has the last trip by 7:40 ans it was delayed by 30 min. so we get the ride finally. Because of the rainfall we will be arriving in Bohol late at night but it is better than not getting there at all.

To summarize my Cebu experience was a combination of sweet and sour. I've gone to explore the highest peak of the Province without having trouble in trekking, saw the beautiful kawasan falls, unwind in Lambug beach, Be able to trace the beginning of my Catholic faith through Magellan's Cross, mesmerized with the Basilica del Santo Niño and talked to the goodhearted locals from the south. I've also experience the dilemma for every traveler. The uncertain weather condition that prohibits us to do our planned activities, the monstrous traffic and the crowded city. All in all I'll be honest to say that Cebu make my heart jumps for Joy but gives me disappointment as well because it wasn't a total stress free vacation for me. Next year I'm coming back and hopefully I've got to redeem all the disappointments I had during this trip.  

No comments:

Post a Comment